January 12, 2013

I'm Back!


 Tunnel to ZhongSan University, Kaohsiung


I'm finally back from my trip to Taiwan. For readers who have been reading my blog, I guess I should let you guys know that a family member of mine, that has been hospitalized, has finally been discharged, but will be going back for cancer treatment every once in a while. Luckily though, things seem to be looking up for now :) Other than visiting the hospital every day, helping my family members move in to a temporary house, and getting my own medical check ups (which trust me, takes forever and drags on for a few weeks), I've been having so much fun that time just totally flew by. Since the time I spent in Taiwan consisted of Christmas, my birthday, and New Years, there was quite a lot of things to celebrate hehe. I'm a bit surprised that the people in Taiwan don't really celebrate Christmas. They didn't even have holidays on that Christmas Eve or Christmas day itself. There was a serious lack of Christmas decorations too, sadly >.< 




British Consulate, Kaohsiung


For my birthday though, since it was so close to New Years, a family friend of mine and a childhood friend had a holidays so they decided to plan a trip to Kaohsiung hehe. Luckily, by going to Kaohsiung, we evaded the coldest weather of the winter that Taipei was having :s 



Taking a walk on the crunchy leaves hehe


For New Years, it's all about Taipei 101. I heard there were like 80,000 people (or something like that) crowded around the Taipei 101 to watch the performances and fireworks. I sat comfortably at home watching the TV :P 


My Mom and I (do we look alike?)


I'd have to say that when in Taipei, all you really have to prepare for is to gain weight. SERIOUS. The food there. IS. AMAZING. From the tiniest snacks to the most elegant dinners. Delicious. I think my trip can be called a food adventure. I pretty much just filled my camera with pictures of food, rather than anything else. How is it possible that even a breakfast sandwich in Taiwan can taste so yummy? :s Maybe it's because I grew up there and everything is just so nostalgic? My mom would re-introduce me the things I've tried when I was still a child and surprisingly, I can still remember the taste. Did I mention that you can literally buy food anywhere in Taiwan? That's how many shops there are and how convenient it is to buy food :s And the place I stayed at was right next to the night market too :s Street food heaven. 


Up the mountains, Kaohsiung


Anyways, with the amount of different food I ate, I'd like to introduce all the yummy foods in Taiwan hehe ^~^ For those who will visit Taipei in the future, I hope these next few posts will help guide you to where and what to eat in Taipei. 



I don't know what I'm doing :s


P.S By the way, when in Taipei, you pretty much walk everywhere so you don't actually gain much weight from the junk food :p hehe


Keep an eye out for the next coming posts! <3

Love,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment