November 4, 2012

Super Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownies





Brownies. There are seriously endless recipes of them. Maybe I was still too inexperienced to understand how to really bake brownies back when I was younger. I always felt that something was missing, that there was this essential taste that isn't there, but should be. I've tried brownies from bake sales at school too, but all of them were the same. Maybe we all used to same premix. Yes, I used premixes to make brownies, it saved time and I was just learning how to bake for the first time ( I swear). BUT, never again will premixes ever enter my kitchen. 






These brownies, are seriously to die for. Fudgy, perfectly sweet, and just really really addicting. When ever I finish baking these for orders, my dad would just sit there, waiting for me to finish cutting the brownies up, so he can sneak a few. Every person has their favorite way of eating brownies, I guess. My dad loves it right after they cool from baking and feels its perfect paired with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup. My mom loves them the day after, right out of the fridge. Personally, I think these brownies are just perfect however you eat them, it's just a matter of what you're in the mood for. 


Stolen Brownie :p


Although the original recipe (super old recipe that I wrote down when I was younger) calls for chopped chunks of white chocolate, I had tons of white chocolate chips on hand that I didn't know what to do with, so I just replaced it with those. The recipe also called for maple syrup, which is pretty difficult to find here, so I replaced it with this special type of thick and fragrant honey, made from some sort of nectar. I love the honey, it's so delicious when you blend it into tea or juices. It really brings out the flavor in a lot of things. To be honest, I actually believe that this ingredient (maple syrup or honey) is what's been missing in those brownies I've tried/baked when I was younger. <3




Any of you have an even better recipe for brownies? Please do let me know!! <3

Love,
Natalie









No comments:

Post a Comment